On Friday, December 10th, the last MAX Minutes session of the year was held with Tim Cairl, Senior Director – Educated Workforce, Metro Atlanta Chamber of Commerce, Jasmine King, Director of State and Federal Affairs, Georgia Chamber of Commerce, and Jennifer Lee, Senior Policy Analyst – Higher Education, Georgia Budget and Policy Institute. The panel discussion, moderated by Daniela Perry, Vice President, Georgia Chamber, focused on several pertinent topics, such as:
- Legislative priorities for each organization
- Issues that might be raised related to K-12 education and workforce
- Potential impact of it being an election year on the legislative session in terms of timing and issues
- Issues that might be multi-year efforts and how the off-season is used to share with legislators what solutions are needed
- How MAX members can help in advocacy
Click here for a recording.
ABOUT MAX MINUTES
Launched in 2014, the mission of MAX is to advance economic competitiveness in the Atlanta region by strengthening connections, collaborations, and practices among workforce developers and organizations engaged in workforce development.
Through our webinar series, MAX Minutes, MAX seeks to bring timely insights to providers, intermediaries, and other partners in workforce. MAX Minutes features talks by key experts in the Atlanta region and beyond on important workforce matters.