In the fourth quarter of 2021, MAX conducted our 2nd Annual Survey and our first survey since becoming the premiere membership association for workforce developers and partners in metro Atlanta.
More than 150 people connected to the MAX network responded to the survey. Here are some highlights of what they shared:
- 85.9 percent agreed or strongly agreed that MAX is meeting its mission in strengthening connections, fostering collaborations, and sharing best practices across organizations engage in workforce development.
- 71.7 percent attended a MAX event in the past 12 months, a notable increase over 2020 and in a year when all MAX events were held virtually.
- 81.4 percent of those who attended a MAX event met at least 1 new contact.
According to survey participants, MAX has increased in our ability to (1) improve awareness and visibility of workforce development system assets and opportunities, (2) serve as a sustainable and neutral convener for bringing providers, intermediaries, and other workforce partners together, (3) provide opportunities to increase the quality, capacity, and effectiveness of Atlanta’s workforce system, and (4) improve alignment between workforce development providers to better meet employer needs. The survey confirmed the most important thing MAX does is serve as an information broker of curated resources, connecting workforce partners to resources through MAX Mondays, the MAX Provider Portal, the MAX website, and other communication channels.
Special thanks to our MAX Anchor Investors and Members for enabling MAX to serve our workforce community so successfully.
Workforce professionals also identified their top challenges in 2021 and key opportunities when looking ahead into 2022, needs we can together work to address through MAX.
Top Challenges of 2021
- Dealing with COVID-19
- Participant Recruitment + Retention
- Operating Virtually
- Staff Capacity
Top Opportunities for 2022
- Resource Development
- Training & Education
- Improving Workforce Participation
- Expanding Community Partnerships
- Fostering Quality Jobs + Livable Wages
Click here for the full survey results.
NOT A MEMBER OF MAX?
What are you waiting for? Join MAX and engage with a strong and dynamic network of workforce professionals who stand ready to provide peer-to-peer support while working jointly with you in addressing the workforce development needs of our communities.
Click here to join MAX today.