From Literacy Action:
The Admissions Coordinator oversees and manages the organization’s student enrollment process for new and returning participants. The primary role of the Admissions Coordinator is to manage student assessments, student intake, student registration, and all corresponding calendars. This position also oversees the state of Georgia’s Adult Learners Information System (GALIS) and the organization’s student record database to ensure reliable data collection can be used to support the organization’s mission and funding strategy.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Manages the organization’s student enrollment process, including registration, pre- and post-assessment, student intake, and student registration.
• Collect necessary documents and filing.
• Manages data entry for students in GALIS and in Salesforce, including student intake, data entry, assessments, attendance, and notes.
• Maintains continuous flow of quality applicants in the Adult basic education program.
• Develops organizational strategies for admissions by contributing information, analysis, and recommendations.
• Establishes functional objectives in line with organizational objectives.
• Establishes admissions operational strategies by evaluating trends; critical measurements that determine production, productivity, quality, and customer-service strategies.
• Designs and develop systems, accumulates resources, resolves problems, and implements change.
• Manages student communication and needs with class schedules, re-enrollment, attendance.
• Manages all test proctoring, including schedules, locations, and requirements.
• Creates and distributes a holistic assessment schedule that incorporates pre-and post-testing that aligns with the programs and organization’s calendar.
• Manages student assessments, including administering, tracking, and data collection.
• Manages the distribution of all assessment test results, as well as data trend analysis to support program growth and adaptability.
• Stays informed of testing strategies in adult education, including changes to testing booklets, scoring, proctoring requirements, and implementation of technology-based testing tools.
• Works with the Program Director to address student academic concerns.
• Works closely with the Education Director to ensure programs success.
• Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks, participating in professional organizations.
• Maintains admission guidelines by writing, updating, and recommending changes to admission
criteria, policies, and procedures.
• Markets programs and facilities by preparing and providing informational brochures, writing, and placing advertisements, answering questions, and conducting tours.
• Obtains applicant information by requesting completed applications and information, verifying, and clarifying information, interviewing clients explaining admission criteria.
• Screens clients by comparing clients to admission criteria, evaluating, and accepting or rejecting clients, referring clients to other programs and institutions.
• Completes admission and responsibility forms, coordinates, and arranges physical, social, emotional, and support service requirements, including transportation.
• Resolves client’s dissatisfactions by investigating concerns recommending changes in service policies and procedures.
• Prepares admissions reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends.
• Keeps clients safe by following safety policies, procedures, and regulations.
• Protects the organization’s reputation by keeping information confidential.
• Keeps equipment operating by following operating instructions calling for repairs.
• Enhances the organization’s reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests, exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
• All other duties assigned.
Click here for a detailed job description.
Click here to apply.
Click here to return to the MAX Job Board.