From Literacy Action, Inc.:
Adult Basic Education (ABE) lead instructors provide day-to-day programmatic leadership within the classroom by delivering excellent instruction to participants enrolled in Adult Basic Education (ABE) programs. The primary role is to support and instruct participants enrolled onsite at Literacy Action, as well as at partner sites. ABE lead instructors participate in various professional development opportunities, create structured lesson plans, and effectively deliver instruction towards academic gains and increased capacity. Lead instructors also provide support and mentorship to part-time and contract instructors.
A successful lead instructor will have the skills, understanding, and personal confidence to regularly engage with adult participants, build and sustain relationships, and deliver quality classroom-based instruction to prepare participants to make academic gains, take and pass the GED exam, and /or secure gainful employment.
• Plan, organize, and implement consistent and coordinated instruction with the outlined learning objectives for each level of ABE or GED.
• Develop and implement detailed lesson plans that utilize the identified curriculum and incorporate differentiated techniques and strategies that address all aspects of the GED exam: social studies, reading, writing, and mathematics, such that learners meet or exceed the requirements of the GED exam.
• Provide a nurturing, supportive, and positive learning environment that reinforces expectations, encourage participant responsibility, enhances motivation, clearly communicates classroom routines, and incorporates engaging instruction.
• Track participants via formative and summative assessments.
• Evaluate and adjust, if needed, teaching strategies to support participant learning needs and aid in participant retention and performance.
• Track day-to-day communication with participants, including, but not limited to: attendance, absences and tardiness, participant progress and concerns, and programmatic completions.
• Complete and submit all necessary administrative reports, documents, and data requests.
• Provide guidance and instruction to classroom volunteers, work-study interns, or additional support staff.
• Complete and submit all necessary administrative reports, documents, and data requests
Click here for a detailed job description.
Click here to apply.
Click here to return to the MAX Job Board.