From the Atlanta Regional Commission:
The Atlanta Regional Commission (ARC) is the regional planning and intergovernmental coordination agency that focuses on issues critical to the region’s success, including growth and development, transportation, water resources, services for older adults, and workforce solutions. ARC is dedicated to unifying the region’s collective resources to prepare the metropolitan area for a prosperous future. This is done through professional planning initiatives, the provision of objective information and the involvement of the community in collaborative partnerships.
The Program/Project Analyst will be responsible for serving as liaison to the Atlanta Regional Workforce Development Board (ARWDB) and leads outreach activities to customers and partners. This position is responsible for performing complex programmatic and administrative support, interacting with multiple parties both internal and external to ARC, multi-tasking in a dynamic environment, and supporting local implementation of the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Functions as a board liaison.
- Prepares and disseminates relevant information to board members, staff, and other appropriate persons;
- Schedules and plans board and committee meetings;
- Prepares meeting materials, distributes to appropriate parties, and ensures all public meeting notification requirements are met;
- Records and publishes board and committee notes;
- Ensures board composition and operations meet federal and state criteria; and
- Performs clerical functions as necessary for the board.
2. Assists in outreach and public relations initiatives for the workforce board and program implementation.
- Manage and grow social media presence by identifying, collecting, creating, and publishing a variety of engaging content on multiple platforms on a regular basis (at least weekly);
- Keep current on digital marketing trends and emerging digital technologies, bringing best practices from both the for-profit and nonprofit world;
- Assists in the creation and dissemination of quarterly email newsletters;
- Assists in the maintenance of the organization’s website;
- Coordinates with the ARC Communications staff and contracted marketing professionals on external communications projects; and,
- Acts as a customer service representative for WIOA program inquiries, including monitoring the email inboxes of ATLworks, RFPworksource, WIOA Training Provider, and Workforce Solution.
3. Leads the annual customer recognition program.
- Prepares the customer recognition nomination form, including updating criteria and focus areas;
- Coordinates with staff, providers, and other partners to solicit nominations;
- Facilitates a review committee process to select customers to be recognized;
- Work with ARC Communications staff to develop customer recognition collateral such as certificates, videos, photography, etc; and,
- Schedule a recognition event and plans meeting logistics.
4. Performs other duties as assigned to support Agency goals and objectives.
Click here to learn more and apply.
Click here to return to the MAX Job Board.