On February 7, 2022, the MAX Leadership Network convened to focus on a pressing issue for us all – how to maximize the potential for a great work experience in pandemic and post-pandemic times.
Addison Meriwether, Executive Director with Cushman & Wakefield, and his colleague Bryan Berthold, Global Lead for Workplace Experience, reviewed findings from their team’s recent workplace experience survey. The Cushman & Wakefield survey gauges how people have been faring during the pandemic and paints a picture of the future workplace and new ways of working.
Special thanks to MAX Vice Chair Jenny Taylor with Goodwill of North Georgia for leading us into this important conversation.
Says Meriwether and Berthold: “There is now an imperative to understand the role, value and importance of the office in the post-COVID workplace ecosystem. All companies want to get the office back up and running without negatively affecting people.” Here are some additional key findings they shared:
- 75% of people came to work everyday pre-COVID
- 75% worked remotely in 2020
- 13% of the population now want to come to work everyday post-COVID
- 31% want to work mostly from the office –3 or more days a week -58% at least 1 day a week
- 42% of employees prefer remote working i.e. coming in less than 1 day a week –up from 12% pre-COVID
The discussion with Meriwether and Berthold led us to land on three essential guideposts as we think about the future of work: engage, connect, and inspire.
Click here for the report from Cushman & Wakefield on Workplace Ecosystems of the Future.
ABOUT THE MAX LEADERSHIP NETWORK
The MAX Leadership Network is comprised of workforce leaders who convene regularly to strengthen our collective capacity as workforce developers to meet the needs that employers have for a ready workforce. Members of this network come together to jointly do the following:
- Learn more about who is doing what, where, and for whom
- Explore common issues and opportunities, and share ideas for building solutions
- Make new connections and catalyze partnerships
- Keep each other updated and informed on ways we can help each other
Members of the Leadership Network are senior leaders representing nonprofit community based organizations, technical colleges, state agencies, local workforce boards, chambers of commerce, intermediaries, and other key partners in workforce.