From the National Association of Workforce Development Professionals (NAWDP):
Members of the Education and Labor Committee have introduced the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act of 2022, legislation to reauthorize the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA), H.R. 7309.
The Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act of 2022 would reauthorize WIOA, which expired in 2020, and expand America’s workforce development system. The legislation:
- Fully Funds WIOA programs by authorizing $74 billion over six years, which will allow the workforce system to serve one million workers per year by 2028;
- Establishes a permanent Department of Labor program to help individuals released from incarceration transition back to employment and access sustainable career pathways;
- Expands summer and year-round jobs programs for youth;
- Strengthens the quality of the Jobs Corps program;
- Codifies partnerships between employers and community colleges to provide high-quality jobs training;
- Strengthens industry and sector partnerships to better meet the needs of both employers and job seekers; and
- Provides funding for innovative approaches to workforce development.
For the House Education & Labor Committee press release, click here.
For the fact sheet of the WIOA Act of 2022, click here.
For the section-by-section of the WIOA Act of 2022, click here.
For the full text of the WIOA Act of 2022, click here.