From the City of Refuge:
City of Refuge is a nonprofit for impact organization that provides Light, Hope and Transformation to a community that has been historically underserved. The City of Refuge provides a one-stop shop for community members who find themselves in crisis.
A key part of the City of Refuge Mission is to provide Pathways to Opportunity through High Demand Job Training.
We are in search of an Employment Specialist who is capable of identifying candidates in an underserved community who have high potential to be successful in the exciting and rewarding career. In this role you will be involved community awareness, pipeline development, job placement, and achieving key strategic indicators.
The Ideal Candidate
Passionate about providing life transformation opportunities for individuals in and underserved community seeking a fresh start.
Why is this role important to the City of Refuge mission?
As the COR employment specialist, you will be the connection to provide community awareness, access and acceleration breaking barriers to generational poverty in an underserved neighborhood with incredible untapped potential.
Once here you will:
- Develop and implement employment strategy to meet COR outlined goals
- Consistently provide updates on placement pipeline (both applicants & employers)
- Update reports on placement and progress reports
- Achieve placement goals
- Strong communication skills, both in straightforward messages and more tactful, softer messages, either in person, over the phone or over email.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Input, maintain and document placment metrics
- Engage with employers & community awareness to understand potential hiring needs
- Manage recruiting events & Job fair events
- Advise Workforce Hub graduates on current job openings & career events
- Provide interviewee training & prep when necessary
- Post placement tracking, 3,6,9 & 12month tracking
- Student & placement record updates
- Must be able to work independently and be a self-starter
- Must be a team player and able to work collaboratively with others
- Excellent verbal and written communication with strong interpersonal skills
- Strong project management, and organizational skills
- Clear sense of responsibility, commitment, and ownership
- Strong interpersonal skills and a high degree of social & emotional intelligence
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- A high standard of integrity, character and professionalism; understanding and respect to handle confidential information with discretion
- Results-focused work ethic
- Excellent organizational and project management skills, and a rigorous attention to detail
- Proficient with Word & Google Sheets, Salesforce preferable
For more information, contact Jeannie Ross at email@example.com.
Click here to return to the MAX Job Board.