From the City of Atlanta:
The Business Services Manager ensures that customers receive the full range of training and services offered. Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to: ensuring the adherence of Federal, state and local rules and regulations as they apply to the Atlanta Workforce Development Agency (AWDA); monitoring programs; reviewing and recommending proposals for funding; negotiating and developing contracts; developing and revising monitoring instruments; and providing assistance to contractors and customers.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist with developing and implementing a demand driven business solutions system, focused on outreach, and maintaining relationships with employers to help them find and retain qualified candidates
- Assist with employment sourcing and recruitment strategies to create industry/sector talent pipelines.
- Research and provide Labor Market Information (LMI) to employers, state agencies, and other workforce stakeholders
- Conduct initial informational meetings with businesses interested in WSA’s Business Services
- Monitor, screen, and track employers that engage with WSA through our website, email, referral, and in person etc.
- Assist Talent Advisors in identifying qualified candidates who meet employers’ needs and develop strategies to help address the skills gaps for other participants
- Assist WSA in planning and organizing Career Fairs for businesses and WIOA participants
- Professionally represent the organization at community meetings and other forums
- Occasionally attend meetings with local economic development agencies, chambers of commerce, trade associations, etc. to assess service needs and opportunities
- Report to Deputy Director on the status of employer engagement (i.e., the number of employers who have contacted WSA, the services they are interested in, how many businesses we have assisted, etc.)
Click here to learn more and apply.
Click here to return to the MAX Job Board.