NTEN recently announced the launch of the 2022 cohort of the Digital Inclusion Fellowship! NTEN has worked with a number of organizations in Atlanta over the past 7 years, including: Atlanta Public Schools, InspiredU, DeKalb County Public Library, TechBridge, and Literacy Action.
From now through June 24th, NTEN is accepting applications from Atlanta area organizations for a fellowship spot sponsored by Google Fiber.
What is the Digital Inclusion Fellowship?
The Digital Inclusion Fellowship, now in its seventh year, aims to increase community digital literacy and broadband adoption by building capacity in local nonprofits. The Fellowship recruits local nonprofit staff and supports them in developing digital inclusion programs that meet the digital access needs of their communities. It is a year-long, cohort-based program; Fellows work closely with NTEN staff, other Fellows, and a national network of experts to inform the design and management of their program.
Who can apply?
Staff of nonprofits and social service agencies in sponsored cities can apply. Ideally, applicants will be positioned within their organization such that they have the time, flexibility, and leadership to develop or expand a program. We expect that the Fellow will be directly engaged with managing the program on a day-to-day basis. Please see full application instructions on the NTEN website.
What can Fellows expect?
Fellows will develop and launch a digital literacy program during the one-year professional development program. All Fellows will develop a project plan, with input and guidance from NTEN staff, that includes goals, data tracking, and reporting plans. To support this work, Fellows will:
- Comprehensive support including orientation and monthly training focused on program design, digital inclusion best practices, and project management skills.
- A project grant of $5,000.
- Mentorship through small group calls and 1:1 mentor support.
- An opportunity to earn the Digital Equity Professional Certificate.
- Cohort calls and check-ins with NTEN staff.
- Support in designing and launching a new or expanded digital literacy program.
- Opportunities to speak at conferences and publish articles on NTEN’s blog.
- Connection with a national network of digital inclusion experts.
Most importantly, the fellowship guides you in supporting your community with access to technology and digital literacy skills.
Learn more & apply!
Please share this email with any organizations and individuals you think may be interested. Full application details are available on the application page. You can also learn more about our previous Fellows’ work by reading our Digital Inclusion Spotlights. If you have any questions, please email us at [email protected].