From The University of Georgia, Carl Vinson Institute of Government:
The Program Coordinator II plays a critical role in providing project support and logistics management to the sponsored project portfolio of the Workforce Development & Economic Analysis Unit at the UGA Carl Vinson Institute of Government. The unit typically focuses on large-scale and complex applied research and technical assistance projects related to workforce development, economic development, applied demography, and economic analysis. This role will work closely with the Unit Manager, PIs and project managers to assist with all logistics, coordination, task management, and project support functions. This will include day-to-day project support and also planning large scale events, conferences, and series of meetings.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and/or Competencies:
1) Ability to establish and maintain positive relationships with internal (i.e., faculty and staff) and external (i.e., partners and clients) stakeholders across the state of Georgia.
2) Knowledgeable in project management and general office operations (scheduling, note taking, coordination).
3) Knowledgeable of UGA policies and procedures, particularly finance, human resources, and procurement.
4) Skilled in meeting planning, event coordination, and event logistics.
5) Assist with applied research under the direction of a PI or project manager. Example tasks include taking notes for calls and interviews, reviewing drafts of reports, and assisting with data collection.
6) Self-starter that is able to anticipate project logistics and coordination needs, effectively prioritize competing tasks, and complete tasks by deadlines.
7) Strong communication and soft skills. This position will interact with internal and external stakeholders on a regular basis.
8) Highly competent in the Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Click here to learn more and apply.
Click here to return to the MAX Job Board.