From Literacy Action:
The Staff Accountant is responsible for all routine activities associated with the financial department, including Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, and reconciliations. This individual must be detail-oriented and efficient in time management to meet hard deadlines. This position works directly with the Controller and serves the Administration Department. It also provides limited support to the Development and Programs Department.
Accounts Payable including, but not limited to:
- Maintain Vendor Center in QuickBooks
- Obtain and maintain a current file of completed Form W9 for independent contractors in compliance with IRS regulations
- Confirm/Implement the appropriate level of procurement authorization in compliance with Financial SOP
- Timely payment of standing monthly obligations
- Accurately prorate and track Prepaid Expenses
- Monthly reconciliation of parking expenses
Accounts Receivables including, but not limited to:
- Maintain Customer Center in QuickBooks
- Coordinate and/or reconcile Pledges Receivable with the Development Department for consistent financial reporting, including multi-year pledge tracking
- Coordinate and/or reconcile Grants Receivable with the Development Department, including assistance with any financial aspects of periodic reporting required
- Coordinate and/or reconcile Accounts Receivable with Management and Programs Department for Fee-for-Service billing
- Coordinate and/or reconcile Accounts Receivable with Management for monthly sub-tenant expense reimbursement billing
Record and track ongoing Donations including, but not limited to:
- Post donations and payments in Salesforce; upload supporting documents
- Generate donation/revenue reports from third-party platforms (Click ‘n Pledge/Stripe/Network for Good, etc.)
- Provide Salesforce support to the Development Department as necessary
Assist with Government Grant Accounting, including:
- Monthly, quarterly, and annual billing schedules for various local, county, state, and federal grants.
- Monthly Budget Tracker for TSCG grant; create and email monthly invoice with all supporting documentation; update information in TCSG cloud-based workbook.
- Attend virtual meetings related to the application, implementation, or reporting of government grants as needed
Other duties such as filing and generating reports as needed.
Click here to learn more and apply.
Click here to return to the MAX Job Board.