As a Career Coach you will facilitate access to vocational leads, support services, computer training, and community resources for job seekers, entrepreneurs and the general public in the Goodwill of North Georgia Career Center system in support of the mission of Goodwill of North Georgia and Career Services. Last year Goodwill of North Georgia helped put over 20,000 people to work and we want this year to be even better!
You will also work on a flexible schedule in different locations, facilitating access to employment, self-employment, and community resources in support of Economic Development and Career Center’s financial, mission, training, continuous quality improvement and marketing goals.
- Ensure that highest quality, individualized vocational guidance and services are delivered to participants, with a focus on the mission of Goodwill of North Georgia.
- Implement operating plan that will meet or exceed program goals as they relate to the overall strategic plan as well as Career Services and economic development goals.
- Assist individuals to attain the resources/assistance needed to successfully obtain or retain employment such as job leads, career exploration, and community services.
- Assist to identify community resources/inform participants regarding childcare, housing, transportation, tax benefits, etc.
- Follow-up with participants to inquire about progress in job search as well as track employment outcomes.
- Coordinate resources, personnel, supplies, and support services to achieve goals.
- Ensure timely data entry for participant information to be entered into the designated database or report, as appropriate, with due diligence to protect confidentiality.
- Ensure protection and confidentiality of participant rights.
- Provide information to visitors or via telephone for public inquiries regarding all training programs and services available through Goodwill Career Services.
- Prepare and submit reports as required.
- Prepare professional development plan (PDP) and engage in quarterly updates in achieving goals.
- Assist with meetings and trainings by copying agendas, taking minutes, ordering refreshments, picking up hospitality supplies, and ensuring facilities are ready for visitors.
- Provide support to visitors or designated staff through typing, copying, files, etc.
- Ensure adequate supplies of marketing materials, general forms, training materials, and curriculum materials for staff, visitors and participants.
- Maintain training and meeting attendance records.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of program by identifying problem areas and implementing positive solutions.
- Participate in internal and external audits.
- Conduct research or community needs assessment, as requested.
- Comply with Agency, Career Services, CARF, federal and grant regulations, policies, standard operating procedures (SOPs) and the Agency’s safety and security policies and procedures.
- Contribute to the strategic planning of the Economic Development Division.
- Maintain quality relationships with community resource providers and local employers.
- Provide receptionist duties as necessary for callers, visitors, and participants.
- Participate in community and Goodwill meetings as needed or as assigned
- Attend majority of quarterly targeted training forum (TTF) sessions
- Complete all Career Services core training
Click here to learn more and apply.
Click here to review the MAX Job Board.