Georgia Power’s Community and Economic Development group is branching out to include retail as a vertical of focus for the state of Georgia by creating a dedicated Retail Community Development Manager and Retail Research Analyst. This team will develop a strategy for attracting retail locations to Georgia’s downtowns, main streets, and local communities. The research analyst will use retail-focused data tools such as Placer.ai to provide relevant data to assist communities in retail attraction and is expected to find new retail-focused tools to enhance Georgia Power’s retail support. The research analyst should have a deep understanding of retail data and be able to present it to local community upon request. The Retail Research Analyst may also support the work of research department that is focused on all industries.
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Business, Marketing or a related field (B.A./B.S)
- A thorough knowledge of the retail market, business drivers, and landscape
- A sound knowledge of retail research tools (some on-the-job training)
- Ability to understand economic analysis and related analytical tools to assess market trends to target retail companies for location in Georgia.
- Possess a working knowledge of Georgia’s economic development competitive position and the ability to quantify and compare market potential and contrast location advantages.
- Demonstrate analytical skills to develop reports, maps, graphics, and presentations using complex and diverse information. Ability to grasp a concept and execute a plan with minimal guidance.
- Advanced ability to display complex data, interpret, and create polished decks.
- Demonstrate organizational, communication, and writing skills, including command of the English language and grammar to compile and explain ideas and concepts and draw conclusions in a concise, accurate manner.
- Strong computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint). Working knowledge of Adobe design products and marketing/graphics background is a plus. Working knowledge of ArcGIS also a plus.
- Gather, research, and analyze retail industry data to assist communities in their local retail strategies.
- Present retail industry data to local communities to help them make decisions about their retail recruitment.
- Work closely with the Retail Community Development Manager on strategic planning.
- Monitor the latest retail information and research.
- Attend retail-related conferences such as ICSC to maintain expertise in field.
- Maintain accurate and current resource materials for all inquiries.
- Prepare and present community analysis and information about our mission in Economic Development and how our resources can educate that community to prepare for growth.
Other Research Support
- Assist the Research team with RFI completion and planned publications.
- Assist Community Development project managers with information for their communities; create maps and presentations, as needed.
Click here to learn more and apply.
Click here to review the MAX Job Board.