The purpose of this classification is to coordinate, and execute the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act programs and to provide workforce development services to the business community, employers and jobseekers of DeKalb County.
The following duties are normal for this position. The omission of specific statements of the duties does not exclude them from the classification if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment for this classification. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Performs job coaching and case management for jobseekers; assesses eligible customers to determine service needs, assists in the development of individual employment plans, makes necessary referrals to help job-seekers obtain needed services; enters customer interaction data into CTS and Geo Solutions database.
- Provides recruitment services and resources to business and community partners; receives incoming job orders from employers and verifies details with the employer; develops recruitment strategies to source candidates; creates and posts requisitions in Applicant Tracking System (ATS) and other job search engines; advertises as needed on other sites and boards; reviews resumes and pre-screens applicants; invites qualified candidates to interviews and targeted recruitment events; hosts and facilitates hiring events; follows up with the employers to obtain hiring and retention data.
- Accomplishes WIOA program objectives; plans, coordinates and conducts job fairs, special projects and program activities; coordinates a variety of networking events, including customized recruitment fairs and partnerships with local businesses and organizations; attends external recruitment events; utilizes Taleo database to source candidates; creates and executes marketing strategies to advertise events to the public and community stakeholders.
- Administers First Source Job Ordinance; attends Kick-off or Notice of Award meetings to present First Source Ordinance and WorkSource DeKalb (WSD) services; creates contractor accounts in Taleo and hard file copy to be stored; receives incoming job requests from First Source Contractors; interviews contractors and implements screening and vetting procedures; forwards vetted candidates to employers; compiles new hire information and facilitates completion of new hire paperwork.
- Manages various reports for the WIOA program; creates, reviews and updates reports including On the Job Training New Hire Reports, Taleo, Geo Solutions, and First Source reports; ensures that performance measures are within WSD, State and Federal guidelines; creates Constant Contact reports to manage attendees of job fairs and hiring events; periodically review Policies and Procedures manual to ensure effective and efficient implementation of WIOA objectives.
Click here to learn more and apply.
Click here to return to the MAX Job Board.