The Program Officer – Economic Development directs funds and resources to support wealth building and community health strategies in Metro Atlanta through (1) small business development, (2) workforce development, and (3) grants management.
SMALL BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT
- Leads partnerships and LISC’s local activities to build ecosystems to support small businesses.
- Implements and manages financing programs that provide capital for small businesses.
- Coordinates technical assistance resources for entrepreneurs of color.
- Provides technical assistance funding and resources for workforce development organizations that provide job skills training and financial coaching (LISC Financial Opportunity Centers).
- Develops tools and products for individuals to increase savings, credit scores and net worth through LISC Financial Opportunity Centers.
- Convenes and facilitates trainings and peer gatherings to build capacity among LISC Financial Opportunity Centers.
- Manages all aspects of grant administration including contracts, disbursements, compliance and impact reporting.
- Guides, supports, and monitors grantees on grant compliance and performance for public and private funding sources.
- Formulates strategies and directs grants to create and improve community recreational facilities.
- Assumes responsibility for special projects and other assignments, as needed.
ABOUT LISC AND LISC ATLANTA
Over the last 40 years, LISC and its affiliates have invested approximately $24 billion in businesses, affordable housing, health, educational mobility, community and recreational facilities, public safety, employment and other projects that help to revitalize and stabilize underinvested communities. Headquartered in New York City, LISC’s reach spans the country from East coast to West coast in 38 markets with offices extending from Buffalo to San Francisco and in 2,400 rural counties across 49 states and Puerto Rico. Visit us at www.lisc.org
LISC Atlanta drives bold ideas and resources to reduce the racial wealth gap in Metro Atlanta. Launched in 2019, the Atlanta office of LISC is comprised of a small, committed staff and a local advisory committee dedicated to carrying out this mission. More information is available at https://www.lisc.org/atlanta.
Click here to learn more and apply.
Click here to review the MAX Job Board.