The Finance Director works across the Department to ensure a strong financial management infrastructure for the Department. The Finance Director will assume a leadership responsibility and ultimate oversight for all fiscal services in the areas of general accounting, budgeting, accounts receivables, credit card, accounts payable, procurement, reimbursement functions, and reporting. The Finance Director works alongside the Commissioner and the executive leadership team to make financial recommendations and decisions that yield positive outcomes.
About Atlanta Department of Labor and Employment Services
ADOLES was created in January 2023 under Mayor Dickens administration with a vision to develop a robust workforce that will meet the needs of Atlanta’s expanding city and allow residents a pathway to move up the economic ladder. The department supports Labor and Innovation, Adult, Dislocated Worker, and Youth Employment Services. The Department partners with federal, state, and local governments, colleges, schools, and community and faith-based organizations to deliver comprehensive workforce development services. The department currently administers a portfolio of programs including federal programs including the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act and the American Rescue Plan Act.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops and implements office fiscal goals, objectives, policies, and priorities (including service levels and resource allocation).
- Develops and applies performance measurement metrics to evaluate progress and increase accountability for goal achievement with high attention to detail.
- Oversees the development and management of the operating budget for the department’s expenditures and revenues.
- Leads the finance staff to ensure the timely and accurate accounting and reporting for all fiscal transactions on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis, to include addressing forecasting, statistical, and analytical reporting functions.
- Oversees all audit activities from federal state, and local agency’s’ and manage the preparation of financial statements as needed.
- Cultivates and leads a team of highly talented professionals by providing an overarching strategic vision and strategy for the office and help to ensure the appropriate resources are available to be successful in achieving clearly defined priorities.
- Partners with members of the executive team to establish short and long-term financial and strategic economic objectives for the organization that are in alignment with the overall strategy and mission.
- Translates and share complex financial information and business concepts with a variety of audiences.
- Collaborates with both program and fundraising staff to provide leadership in developing and budgeting of existing and new program initiatives.
- Creatively assesses ways to identify and increase revenue in a resource-restricted environment.
Click here to learn more and apply.
Click here to review the MAX Job Board.