The Development Associate manages the pre- and post-award processes for foundation and government grants and contracts, including grant submission and administration policies, documentation to ensure compliance, and establishment of excellent controls. The position works closely with finance, development, and program staff to ensure accurate, timely, efficient, and transparent processes are in place for a grant’s life cycle.
The Grants & Compliance Associate will assist the Development Associate with the organization’s business, civic, and foundation grants. This includes researching and identifying prospects, maintaining the grants calendar, crafting proposals, and completing applications, collecting and preparing materials for submission in a timely manner, reporting progress and tracking overall organization (and project) outcomes.
The Development Associate will also support the Executive Director with the collection and maintenance of all donor and development information as well as with processing donations and sending acknowledgment letters.
- Manage the government grant application process, including gathering necessary information, writing, submitting, tracking, and reporting
- Manage the foundation, business, and civic grant application process, including gathering necessary information, writing, submitting, tracking, and reporting
- Support the Director of Development with developing a multi-sector fundraising strategy that will allow the organization to meet or exceed its revenue goals
- Research prospective government agencies, donors, and grantors to find alignment and opportunity for Literacy Action
- Manage the organization’s data management system (Salesforce) for all organization donors and donations
- Attend relevant grant administrator meetings, conferences, webinars, and trainings
- Work closely with the controller to create funding budgets and reconcile donations
- Provide administrative support for the Director of Development, including calendar management, donor mailings, and funding requests
- Provide support for fundraising events and other initiatives
- Support the Director of Development with donor visits, including scheduling meetings, creating donor packets, reviewing and submitting donor giving history, and attending visits as needed
- Work closely with the Program Director and Program Manager to track and report grant-funded program initiatives
Click here for the full job description.
Click here to learn more and apply.
Click here to review the MAX Job Board.