As a vital community partner that may serve Medicaid/PeachCare® for Kids members, the Georgia Department of Human Services, External Engagement and Outreach, would like to share the message we are communicating across the state about Medicaid Redetermination.
- Redetermination began April 2023. Based on changes in federal law, this is the process that the State of Georgia must complete over the next 14 months to make sure current Medicaid and PeachCare for Kids® members are still eligible for coverage.
- During redetermination, the State of Georgia will collect and verify member information, including contact and income details as well as other requested information and documents that will be used to determine member eligibility. Not everyone will go through this process at the same time. In fact, it will take about 14 months to reach everyone.
- Members can visit gateway.ga.gov to view their redetermination date and to update their contact information today so they can stay informed about the status of their coverage.
- Members who need help can visit their local Division of Family & Children Services office for support. To find the location and business hours for local offices, visit: dfcs.ga.gov/location
- For more information on Medicaid redetermination, we are including a partner toolkit with resources in multiple languages, please visit “Stay Informed. Stay Covered.”
If help is needed reading this information or communicating with us, call 1-877-GA-DHS-GO (1-877-423-4746). Our services, including interpreters, are free. If a member is deaf, hard of hearing, deaf-blind or have difficulty speaking, they may call us at the number above by dialing 711 (Georgia Relay).
The Department of Human Services would appreciate your efforts in helping us reach Medicaid/PeachCare® for Kids members across the state. The External Engagement and Outreach TEAM is available to provide both face-to-face and virtual presentations. We also invite you to download the attached documents and share with your staff, partners, and/or consumers. https://dhs.georgia.gov/medicaid-unwinding/medicaid-unwinding-speaker-request
For additional questions, please reach out to [email protected].
Click here for a flyer in English.
Click here for a flyer in Spanish.