On Friday, May 19th, Jason Moss, CEO of Georgia Manufacturing Alliance, joined MAX to discuss the latest trends in manufacturing and what GMA is hearing from Georgia manufacturing leaders with respect to their workforce needs and challenges.
Since 2008, GMA has provided the premier platform for manufacturing leaders to form strategic alliances, share best business practices, see world-class manufacturing in action, and make profitable business connections. During the session, some of the topics covered by Moss include:
- The greatest opportunities and the most significant challenges faced by Georgia manufacturers.
- How to address the inaccurate perception that the next generation has about jobs in manufacturing because parents, teachers, counselors, might have an inaccurate viewpoint of what employment looks like in this sector.
- Innovative and creative practices that manufacturers are employing to ensure their team members are happy including changing shift times, offering more paid leave, and increasing wages.
- The role of automation and the opportunities this presents for employees and employers.
- Factors that should be monitored to ensure upskilling of employees.
- Advice for providers when working with job seekers looking to work in the manufacturing sector.
The session was moderated by MAX Board Secretary and program lead for MAX Minutes Daniela Perry, Vice President of the Georgia Chamber.
Click here to view the recording.
ABOUT MAX MINUTES
Launched in 2014, the mission of MAX is to advance economic competitiveness in the Atlanta region by strengthening connections, collaborations, and practices among workforce developers and organizations engaged in workforce development.
Through our webinar series, MAX Minutes, MAX seeks to bring timely insights to providers, intermediaries, and other partners in workforce. MAX Minutes features talks by key experts in the Atlanta region and beyond on important workforce matters.