The Rapid Response Coordinator is responsible for supporting the statewide implementation of rapid response-related efforts and initiatives under the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) for the Office of Workforce Development (OWD), including working with Georgia companies and communities to mitigate the impact of and avert layoffs. This position will work under the direction of OWD’s Rapid Response Manager.
Representing the State of Georgia as the lead regional point of contact for Georgia companies facing closures or layoffs;
- Learning and developing strong proficiency of workforce development services and resources for businesses, including the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act;
- Coordinating and implementing layoff aversion strategies to prevent potential separations;
- Establishing and developing relationships with local and regional chambers of commerce, economic development organizations, cities and county governments, industry associations, and other business-connected organizations;
- Identifying early warning signs of industries and businesses facing potential layoffs or closures;
- Coordinating meetings with impacted employers, affected workers, and partner agencies;
- Evaluating local and regional employment trends through LMI databases;
- Serving as the regions’ State of Georgia contact for disaster response and recovery efforts as it pertains to workforce; and
- Other duties as assigned.
Click here for a detailed job description.
Click here to learn more and apply.
Click here to review the MAX Job Board.