On Friday, July 21st, David Barch and Kim Meadows with the the National Association of Workforce Development Professionals (NAWDP) joined MAX to discuss professional development resources available through NAWDP and Next Level Now, which is funded through the U.S. Department of Labor’s Employment and Training Administration.
NAWDP provides the professional development, resources, and certification credibility to individuals seeking to thrive in the workforce development industry as thought leaders and innovators.
Some key points shared by Barch:
- Importance of working in collaboration and partnership (and not silos) like through MAX.
- Value of workforce development as a profession and how professional development furthers the profession.
- The Certified Workforce Development Professional confirms the competencies and skill sets that are needed to be successful in the field of workforce development.
Some key points shared by Meadows:
- Recertification of the CWDP provides a pathway toward ongoing professional development.
- NAWDP provides ongoing virtual trainings as well as in-person conferences to support workforce professionals.
- Next Level Now – led by Safal Partners and with the support of NAWDP, the National Association of Workforce Boards (NAWB), and Third Sector – provides technical assistance and training on a variety of topics (outreach, braided funding, serving historically marginalized populations, etc.), as well as topical roundtables, and peer-to-peer learning.
Click here for a recording.
ABOUT MAX MINUTES
Launched in 2014, the mission of MAX is to advance economic competitiveness in the Atlanta region by strengthening connections, collaborations, and practices among workforce developers and organizations engaged in workforce development.
Through our webinar series, MAX Minutes, MAX seeks to bring timely insights to providers, intermediaries, and other partners in workforce. MAX Minutes features talks by key experts in the Atlanta region and beyond on important workforce matters.