The Foundation Manager will manage a mature and growing pipeline of over $3 million in institutional and public support. Focused on portfolios for our Southeastern sites, mainly Birmingham, Alabama and Atlanta, Georgia, the Manager is responsible for the project management and grant writing for the portfolios of two sites to maintain and grow institutional revenue for those locations. The manager will also support the portfolio for STRIVE’s expansion in the region. This is a great opportunity to build upon a small group of funders and add new sources, all while working with a team of associates and reporting to the Director of Institutional Giving. The Manager will work closely with local STRIVE Executive Directors, Executive team members, and savvy staff to strengthen and grow the funding base. The Manager will be a key member in a dynamic, energetic team.
Part of a growing Development team, this new position operates within a hybrid workweek, with in-person days a designated local STRIVE office. The right candidate’s home office will be in either Atlanta, Georgia or Birmingham, Alabama and will ensure a monthly presence (2x a month) in the other Southeast STRIVE office to connect with team members, support funder meetings and work with the local executive directors.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Establish new grant funding sources and manage a current portfolio to increase support in the Southeastern portfolio of supporters.
- Write and submit various LOIs, proposals, reports and partner with the Programs & Impact and Finance team on necessary budget or program outcomes for institutional funders.
- Identify, cultivate, and engage corporate and local foundation funders supporting the relationship building of local Executive Directors and the National VP of Development and Communications.
- Project manage and write city and state grants, as applicable proposal development and writing; copy-editing; proofreading; and assisting in submissions.
- Maintain a master project management of proposal deadlines, progress reports, and final grant reports, ensuring timely submissions and adherence to deadlines for Birmingham, Al and Atlanta, Georgia.
- Work with STRIVE leadership and program staff to identify goals and strategies for institutional partners on an annual basis.
- Work with Associate and Finance team to ensure proper grant kick-off processes and grant management.
- Travel up to 25%.
- Other duties as assigned.
Click here to learn more and apply.
Click here to review the MAX Job Board.