Rescuing Hope maintains long-term relationships with adult sex trafficking survivors, to support them emotionally, assist them with goal setting and achievement, and connect them with the best community resources. The Case Worker manages the survivor relationship and ensures that we are providing the support necessary to reach goals and attain self-sufficiency.
The Case Worker is the point person for adult survivors and advocates on their behalf within the organization and the community. It is imperative to maintain confidentiality and build a relationship built on trust so that the survivors feel comfortable in sharing information that will ultimately direct the Case Worker to the most appropriate services.
- Conduct new survivor intake process, which includes reviewing the Rescuing Hope Policies for Survivor Engagement and collecting signatures.
- Manage survivor requests for assistance and connect them with appropriate resources.
- Manage individual Survivor Action Plans, to guide them through the process of setting goals and making progress.
- Maintain and keep confidential all survivor records such as case notes, Action Plans, and receipts for assistance.
- Record notes from any form of communication with survivors (email, call, text, GroupMe, etc.) in Salesforce Case Management. Document all program engagements and services provided in Salesforce.
- Respond to all third-party network referrals.
- Work in cooperation with other staff members as an effective and efficient team.
- Cultivate and build relationships with community partners and organizations that could provide resources of benefit to our survivors.
- Manage and keep current the list and details of community resources and make recommendations to survivors as appropriate.
- Ensure that survivors comply with all Rescuing Hope approved policies and report any transgressions to the Executive Director immediately.
- Carry out the responsibilities as defined for a Mandated Reporter.
- Work with the participating counselor to organize group therapy sessions. Ensure that survivors know about the sessions and attempt to coordinate reliable transportation for them.
- Organize and host survivor group activities, such as survivor dinners, retreats, etc.
- Manage in-kind donations including the physical and logistical duties associated with deliveries, pick-ups, inspection and distribution.
- Manage Hope’s Closet. Keep it organized, assist survivors, and document items in and out of the inventory.
Interested candidates should send a resume with cover letter to [email protected].
Click here to learn more.
Click here to review the MAX Job Board.