The Georgia Department of Human Services (DHS), Division of Child Support Services (DCSS) is seeking candidates for the position of Child Support Services Agent 4. This position is based at the DCSS office located in Decatur, DeKalb County, GA.
Under limited supervision, the Child Support Services Agent 4 establishes and enforces child support obligations of responsible parents and coordinates child support activities with legal, judicial, and public organizations.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Review and process all child support applications and payments.
- Educate customers on child support processes, outreach programs, and self-service options.
- Paternity Testing.
- Settlement negotiations for support order amounts, administrative actions, and pending legal actions.
- Resolve basic financial inquires and errors.
- Initiate review and modification requests.
- Resolve disputes and enforcement actions to avoid court intervention.
- Displays excellent verbal, written, presentation, and interpersonal communication skills required in working with customers and coworkers.
- Ability to effectively communicate information with data clearly and concisely.
- Proven experience in use of negotiation skills to influence others and conflict resolution.
- Ability to remain calm and courteous under pressure.
- Exceptional organizational skills with the ability to adapt to changing assignments and attention to detail.
- Evidence of exceptional critical thinking skills, good judgment, and decision-making abilities.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work.
The Division of Child Support Services (DCSS) is the division within DHS that enhances the well-being of children by locating non-custodial parents; establishing paternity and support orders; enforcing and modifying support obligations; and collecting and distributing child support payments. This program promotes parent accountability and self-sufficiency while reducing the public responsibility for providing financial and medical support to children. DCSS also administers several outreach programs including but not limited to Fatherhood, Prison Re-Entry, and Parental Accountability Court. All of these outreach initiatives are devoted to increasing non-custodial parental involvement in the child’s life.
Click here to learn more and apply.
Click here to review the MAX Job Board.