The Georgia Department of Human Services (DHS), Division of Child Support Services (DCSS) is seeking candidates for the position of Child Support Services Agent Supervisor. This position offers a hybrid schedule with office time in the Gwinnett DCSS office located in Lawrenceville, GA. The position will serve multiple DCSS offices in Metro Atlanta and North Georgia.
The Child Support Services Agent Supervisor supervises, guides, and/or instructs the work assignments of subordinate staff; supervises a unit to establish and enforce child support obligations of responsible parents; and coordinates child support activities with legal, judicial, and public organizations.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Manages a limited number of Fatherhood professional subordinates, serves as a liaison for DCSS, the Federal OCSE, and state entities regarding the fatherhood forums.
- Establishes strategic partnerships to assist non-custodial parents in locating opportunities and/or resources leading to career employment paying above minimum wage, increasing the non-custodial parent’s self-sufficiency, and to encourage increased emotional, parental, and financial involvement in the lives of their children
- Performs outreach to recruit partnerships and supplement existing services.
- Interacts with other agencies, the judiciary, local government, and the local media to promote the Fatherhood Program.
- Works closely with the Performance Management Section to ensure that Fatherhood’s core work and activities are in compliance with standard operating procedures and ensures that Fatherhood professional subordinate’s individual and team goals and objectives are met and exceeded in support of department and agency goals and objectives.
- Develops recommendations on system changes needed to enhance and support reporting requirements.
- Performs other professional responsibilities as assigned by the manager, director, or leadership team.
- Evidence of exceptional critical thinking skills, good judgment, and decision-making abilities to monitor and manage a caseload to ensure that child support obligations are met
- Ability to use customer service skills including active listening and negotiation ability
- Excellent oral, written, presentation and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Suite and/or standard software applications typically used in a corporate office environment
The Division of Child Support Services (DCSS) is the division within DHS that enhances the well-being of children by locating non-custodial parents; establishing paternity and support orders; enforcing and modifying support obligations; and collecting and distributing child support payments. This program promotes parent accountability and self-sufficiency while reducing the public responsibility for providing financial and medical support to children. DCSS also administers several outreach programs including but not limited to Fatherhood, Prison Re-Entry, and Parental Accountability Court. All of these outreach initiatives are devoted to increasing non-custodial parental involvement in the child’s life.
Click here to learn more and apply.
Click here to review the MAX Job Board.